Sunday, November 4, 2007

What a day!

Yesterday was Digital Scrapbooking Day and there were SO many things going on all over the web I couldn't keep up! I did manage to put together one extremely simple layout as an entry to win a new Fuji camera, and you'll see it below. I used the Chrome Templates set from freestylemama and a plain, colored background. The challenge was to create a layout about our home country and something that we loved about it, so I used some photos from a Citizenship Celebration that we participated in at our adoption agency's annual reunion. Our daughter from China officially became an American the moment we landed in the US and I think that is awesome! She has the same legal rights as a citizen as my two biological born in the USA daughters do. I know other countries naturalize citizens but I just don't think any other country has quite the diversity we do here.

Anyway, now that Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is on the horizon it's time to think about Christmas shopping. I love, love, love the madness of Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and I'm one of those weirdos who troll the internet looking for advance information on the sales for that day. I have a budget for Christmas, you know, and I like to get the most for my money. With three daughters and one of them a teenager, it gets hard to make that dollar stretch. I have actually started shopping already. Toys R Us had a two day sale Friday and Saturday and I sent said teenager out to buy a scooter for the youngest one, who has been drooling over her older sister's scooter for some time now. It's so nice to have a child old enough to run errands for you! ;-)

I'm hoping to have more time to scrap, although you'd think the holidays would make time more scarce. Instead I think it will force me to spend more time at home, so I will be on the computer more. My next project is a layout with Cen's Purrfect kit. I have the purrfect pictures of my cat to use with it! Meanwhile, here is my layout from yesterday. Maybe I should write a book called Scrapbooking for Extreme Beginners. :-p

4 comments:

LucisMomma said...

Wonderful page! I will sign up for your class for Extreme Beginners! LOL

Census said...

It's gorgeous Kim!! I love the photographs!! She is just so cute and the expression is priceless. Great memory!! Nice work!!

Census said...

PS - I even got the right blog this time!! I'm improving!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout and what beautiful photographs :D